Why should I wait? “Sex is great”. “I love him”. “We are going to get married – eventually”. “We are both Christians”. “My pastor knows I’m dating”. “I have one sexual partner at a time”. “Everyone’s doing it”. “I’m old enough”. “We’ve been together for so long”. “God understands”.
These and a lot more are some of the reasons people give for having sex before marriage – no judgement here!
Lol, it’s amazing how people easily say God understands when it has to do with things of sexual nature.
So why should you wait?
Let’s get right to it, shall we?
DISCLAIMER: This article is not intended for married couples.
- Well this first one is obviously obvious (haha), abstaining is a sure way of preventing STIs. You don’t need to worry about sexually transmitted infections, there are already lots of infections out there to worry about (I personally don’t want to add STIs to my list of worries – not that I have an actual list, but you get the point). So there you have it, you’re free from STIs…Yay!
PS: You do know some sexually transmitted infections can be gotten without necessarily having sex right? – No, I ain’t helping you out, go do your own research 💓💓.
- Duh! You avoid unexpected pregnancies.
- This next one mostly goes unnoticed until things get bad. Sex could take the place of communication in your relationship. When you are sexually involved with your partner (outside of marriage of course), when you guys have issues of some sort, and I mean issues that really need to be tackled, y’all will most likely end up in bed, not talking things through and those unresolved issues pile up over time.
Don’t get me wrong guys, sex is a great thing and when done right(you know what I mean) can enhance good communication, openness and togetherness between the couple but when it isn’t done the way it was intended, could be a means of escape for the parties involved so they don’t actually communicate and before long, this starts to have an adverse effect on their relationship. – this obviously doesn’t apply to every relationship, some people don’t fall into the “sex replacing communication trap”.
- Soul-ties. Most people don’t know this one and it is the most important, your soul gets tied to the person. I bet you didn’t know that, did you? SEX IS SPIRITUAL, whether you agree with me or not, like it or not, it’s the fact. When you have sexual intercourse with an individual, you guys exchange energy and if that person has a bad energy – no wait, I meant if he or she has DEMONS – you will literally take a part of them with you and vice versa.
You get my point yeah? Every sexual partner you have, becomes a part of you. You find out that you can’t let go no matter how hard you try to…why do you think that is?
- Waiting gives you a clear mind. When you are abstaining, you get a clear mind and with that, get to know people for who they really are. Sex clouds your mind (in most cases), and when your mind is clouded, how do you clearly see people for who they truly are?
- It gives you time to find yourself. Because being celibate especially in a relationship can be hard, so you occupy yourself with other things – exercise, self-development, your spirituality, setting and accomplishing goals, building friendships – and in the process, find yourself – if you haven’t already. You get to know the things you like and also the kind of man you want to spend your life with – among other things.
- Self control. Celibacy helps you gain control in other aspects of your life. Sex is a really hard thing to abstain from, especially for men (do you think it’s harder for a man to stay celibate or it’s harder for the ladies? Let me know what you think in the comments section). So if a man/woman can abstain from sexual relations, he becomes disciplined in other areas of his life as well; business wise, financially, socially, even your health and many more.
A person who can control his/her sexual life can control every other aspect of their life.
Are you tired of always getting the same results? Not being able to keep a relationship? Never been in anything serious? Been played for way too long? Tired of being disrespected?
Then my dear, abstaining is the best advice I can give you.
What are your reasons for staying celibate? Let’s share and encourage each other below!
Don’t forget to like, share and subscribe to my blog. Thanks for stopping by. Ciao.